First of all, let’s go ahead and address the issue of the elephant in the room right from the beginning huh? Yes. It HAS been almost ten months since my last post. I’m not going to spend a lot of time explaining why nor am I going to go through details as to what finally made me decide to come back, but I will say, I’ve found myself in many different situations and I’ve said to myself “That would make an excellent blog post!”
So I guess I’m trying this again. I thought for a long hard while whether or not to clue everyone in on what I’ve been up to in the past ten months but SO much stuff has happened that would entail a 45,000 word essay! I will, however, provide a brief synopsis of some of the events I blogged about in the past and where we stand today:
- The Discovery Channel never sent me my own personal mechanical shark
- I’ve moved into a house that is far enough in the boondocks that the MAMA SUE security system rarely goes off anymore (Thank God)
- Winston finally grew up and became a somewhat enjoyable dog
- Calamity has a new home
- Robert’s Lover hasn’t contacted me again
- The little green flute has gone pro and rejoined a band
- Mukesh never kicked off
- I’m still addicted to watermelon sweet tea
- …annnnd….the new windshield wiper is still sitting in the backseat of my car, uninstalled
Well, I guess that’s it for now. From here on out I will pretend that I’ve been a blogging fool for the past ten months and never speak of said missed time! I’m not going to promise to make daily posts because, let’s face it, I’m a pretty darn busy person, but I will promise to TRY and make regular posts…as long as you guys promise to read them!!!
I have to admit, I’m pretty excited to get started back up! I told “the boy” (yes, he’s still around!) that I was starting back up and he advised me that with the things that have happened in my life recently, I have PLENTY of material to keep this blog going for a while…we shall see!