My ADHD Monday

So this whole post is probably going to come across as a ramble, and for that, I’m going to just go ahead and apologize now and promise that you will (hopefully) never see something like this on my blog again.  I’ve just been so plagued with writer’s block lately that I guess it finally broke loose and just had to escape.  I get into these writing modes occasionally where my mind just moves so much faster than my fingers and I just can’t stop myself!  Again, I apologize for the mess of a post you are about to be burdened with!

 

Do you ever have one of those days where you are just so happy and excited that you don’t know what to do with yourself?  That’s how I am today and there really is no reason for it that I can think of, other than I was pretty much sick all week last week and woke up this morning feeling 100%.  I guess I’m just happy to be feeling good today.

 

Last week was truly crazy.  It was like I was sick every day but every day it was something new.  Monday found me with an insufferable bladder infection (TMI?  Sorry!) and horrible headache.  By Tuesday, the infection had vacated my bladder and moved into my kidneys, the headache, however, had decided to stick around.  Wednesday was exhaustion and body aches, almost flu-like, along with a headache; Thursday found me with severe pains that I have since attributed to a gall bladder attack, and a headache.  Friday was a relatively ok day, aside from the chills and low-grade fever, and oh yeah…the headache.  The weekend was pretty decent, the only thing that troubled me those days was (any guesses?) a headache.  I’ve never had a headache for more than a day and a half or so, so it was starting to worry me a little.  However, today was the first time that I woke up without my temples throbbing and so far, knock on wood, my head has been pretty kind to me.

 

Aside from the 5 million thoughts constantly racing about in my head…

 

I literally feel like I could get up from my desk, and take off running and not stop for at least an hour, high heels and all!  I almost feel like I have been pumped full of some sort of energy drink or an entire case of higly caffeinated beverage.   Maybe it’s got something to do with the weather.  I DO love cold weather and last night we actually got SNOW!  I was super excited about that.  I just feel like I’m stuck in fast forward today and nothing can bring me down!

 

Is this what it feels like to be high?

 

Sometimes I can’t help but think that I missed out on part of my rebellious years by not “following the crowd” and experimenting with a drug or two.  Don’t get me wrong, for the most part I’m glad I never did it but, you always gotta wonder.  I really never got what the big thrill was over getting high, seemed to me it screwed with your mind a little too much for my liking.  Anything that makes me constantly paranoid of being chased by pink bunnies in Santa suits sounds like something that would not be overly enjoyable however, you still always wonder.

 

I should probably stop while I’m (somewhat) ahead.  I’ve probably lost the attention of at least 20% of you and the remaining 80% are only reading this because you are insanely bored like me and have nothing better to do.  You poor, poor saps!  So, that being said, let’s end this on a good note.

 

I leave you with the following quote for you to ponder.  My absolute favorite book ever is “To Kill a Mockingbird”.  I remember reading it in school and absolutely found it to be one of the greatest pieces of literature ever written (followed closely by “Of Mice and Men”).  I think a lot can be learned from the wise Atticus Finch and I think the world would be a much different and better place if we all looked at life through the eyes of Harper Lee and her beloved characters.

 

“First of all, if you can learn a simple trick, Scout, you’ll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view […] until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” -Atticus Finch

Advertisements

Tell me what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s